Capital Punishment for Capital Crimes?

Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Jeez! The man isn't even cold in the ground yet...


And his critics are already dancing the conga on his grave. Seriously, now.

Yes, I know the man didn't walk on water, but c'mon.

Yes, he made bad life choices; if you haven't made as single questionable choice, I really want to meet you!

He was a supreme idiot for running from that car back in 1969. Should he have gone to jail? Not sure; I'm pretty certain that the hell he went through about it since then trumps any time in the slammer. Jail isn't always the answer.

He was a fool for even being within spitting distance of his stupid nephew back in 1991. But if there is anything I know about the Kennedys, they are a close clan. And apparently, he was the surrogate father of a great deal of the 3rd generation. Oh, and did I mention that WKS was found not guilty?

I believe he drank to distraction. I guess if my 3 eldest brothers had been killed by violent means, and the entire family looked to me to carry the torch, I would take a couple of snorts too.

And, heck no, he shouldn't have run for President in 1980. Did you seriously think his family didn't expect him to? I don't think George Washington could have won against Ronald Reagan that year. Well, maybe he could have. Washington might have just gone to Iran and kicked some butt, took some names and brought our hostages home. But again, that's just my opinion.

I'm sure that, when he realized his time had come, he spent a lengthy time with his priest confessing what sins he needed to confess. I'm sure he made his peace and, guess what? We don't get to judge him anymore. Let the poor man rest.

Oh, yeah, and another thing:

"When vacancies happen in the representation of any State in the Senate, the executive authority of such State shall issue writs of election to fill such vacancies: Provided, That the legislature of any State may empower the executive thereof to make temporary appointments until the people fill the vacancies by election as the legislature may direct." The 17th Amendment, The Constitution.

If the MA legislature wants to allow Governor Patrick to make a temporary appointment, they can do it, despite any thing that happened in the past. Es la ley. If you don't like it, too bad.

Get over it.

I do believe that the "Democrats" voted against it before because Kerry's leaving the Senate was essentially voluntary (John Kerry decided to run for President; no one held a gun to his head. And, in case I'm really senile, Sen. Kerry LOST, so it was a moot point.). Senator Kennedy's leave-taking was far from voluntary. Apples and Oranges in my humble opinion.

/end soap box rant

0 comments:

Go On... Be Brave

Contact